LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme
With the launch of their Guarantee Scheme on 1st August 1999, LCA Members made a public, long term commitment to their clients on quality standards.
Under the scheme, on completion of two years membership an LCA member is required to offer a twenty five year guarantee of workmanship and material for leadwork projects over a value of £2,500.
A Guarantee that means what it says – 25 years peace of mind for the client, GUARANTEED!
So why is the LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme different?
Unlike other so called ‘long term’ guarantees, the LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme states that in the event of a claim within the guarantee period, if the original installer is unable or unwilling to return to site, another LCA member will be designated by the Trustees to attend site in response to the claim”.
The LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee Scheme
- The first in the construction industry to give such a long term guarantee
- Independently administered through Centurion Trustee Ltd and underwritten through Lloyds
- Operated since 1999 and now covering projects cumulatively worth more than £4.5M.
- Supported by all the major lead sheet manufacturers to provide an effective labour and materials warranty.
- Every registered project is vetted on completion (who checks your installer’s leadwork?). Projects must conform to BS6915, current code of practice for leadwork.
- Non conforming details must be rectified before the installation is approved.
- All project documentation filed with the LCA.
- Centurion Trustee issues Guarantee Certificate, transferable with building ownership.
- If a problem occurs within the Guarantee Period, LCA contact original installer to return to site to investigate. If original installer unable (or unwilling) to return to site an alternative LCA member is nominated to investigate the problem.
- If the problem is covered by the Guarantee remedial works are carried out without further costs to the client.
- All costs covered by a separate Trust Fund, created and funded by LCA members.
- Trust Fund ring fenced from normal LCA activities.
- Trust Fund is insurance backed and underwritten to provide cover of up to £250,000 per project.
LCA Members’ 25 Year Guarantee – 25 Years Peace of Mind – GUARANTEED!