- The LCA was formed in 1984 to prioritise quality standards in leadwork.
- The LCA now comprises over 70 specialist contractors committed to providing quality craftsmanship for their clients, supported by 10 associate members supplying materials and ancillary services.
- Members may be sole traders, partnerships or an incorporated body and utilise an employed workforce or teams of subcontractors.
- Regardless of structure, members are required to take full responsibility for the purchase and application of the lead sheet under their control.
- All members are required to work to the current Code of Practice (BS6915) and the recommendations of the Lead Sheet Association.
- An annual vetting programme provides rigorous quality control of members’ standards, through compulsory on-site inspection of workmanship and design.
- Every member is graded according to the quality and complexity of work inspected.
- Anyone failing to meet the standards set is required to withdraw from membership.
- Grades are published annually in the Directory of Specialist Leadwork Contractors and on this website.
- Every member guarantees their work for 25 years, the guarantee being administered by the LCA and insurance supported through Lloyd’s of London, on jobs over £2,500.
- The LCA is controlled by an elected Council of Member’s representatives and administered by an appointed Secretary, from an office base in West Sussex.
You can view an online brochure about the Lead Contractors Association at;
Greyfriars Roofing Services Ltd
Norman & Underwood Ltd
Turners Ornamental Leadwork
V Mckee Plumbing
William Anelay Limited
Furlong & Davies Ltd
Southdowns Builders Limited