The Lead Contractors Association
WHO WE ARE
The premier independent Trade Association maintaining and endorsing quality standards within the lead workers industry.
- The LCA was formed in 1984 to prioritise quality standards in leadwork.
- The LCA comprises of specialist contractors committed to providing quality craftsmanship for their clients, supported by associate members supplying materials and ancillary services.
- Members may be sole traders, partnerships or an incorporated body and utilise an employed workforce or teams of subcontractors.
- Regardless of structure, members are required to take full responsibility for the purchase and application of the lead sheet under their control.
- All members are required to work to the current Code of Practice (BS6915) and the recommendations of the LCA authorised Guides.
- An annual vetting programme provides rigorous quality control of members’ standards, through compulsory on-site inspection of workmanship and design.
- Every member is graded according to the quality and complexity of work inspected.
- Anyone failing to meet the standards set is required to withdraw from membership.
- Grades are published annually on this website.
- Every member guarantees their work for 25 years, the guarantee being administered by the LCA and insurance.
- The LCA is controlled by an elected Council of Member’s representatives.
25 YEAR GUARANTEE